What can you expect?
Yogabliss Hatha yoga - A deep release yoga class designed to relax, de-stress and rejuvenate you at every level. Slower than a dynamic practice, but still challenging, with more of an emphasis on deep stretches, alignment and mindful breathing. A mixed level class, beginners can take advantage of the slower pace to build their awareness and skills whilst more experienced practitioners can deepen their practice. With an easy, chilled out feel, these hatha yoga classes are a great place to get to understand core yoga asanas (postures) and to consciously deepen your practice both on and off the mat.
Yogabliss Yin yoga - A slow meditative practice, focused on mainly floor based postures held for several minutes to encourage the body to release deeply stored tension in the joints, ligaments and connective tissues. Finding stillness, awareness and presence while you stay with your ‘edge’ (the point where you are physically and mentally challenged but still at ease) helps to bring a sense of calm, balance and wellbeing as we learn to pay attention to where we are at. Postures work on the energetic body as meridians (energy channels) are stimulated and nourished. Great to balance with more dynamic practices and our fast paced lifestyles.
How can you practice?
- Live classes are at ZenYoga - a lovely, bright studio in Camberwell, South London offering small classes and personalised attention
- Online classes are also available on zoom for those of you that prefer to practice from the comfort of your home
- Recordings of classes: are available on request on a donation basis. Please pay using PayPal - https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/KanwalAhluwalia
- One to one classes: please contact me for further information
- Darbar Festival of Indian classical music and dance: join these extra-special classes on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 October at 10.30am with live Indian classical music at the Barbican Centre in London. Book here.
- Retreats and workshops - next workshop planned for Oct 2022 and UK weekend retreat in June/July 2023. Please contact me for further information.
When can you practice?
FRIDAY MORNINGS HATHA CLASS FROM 10-11am: IN STUDIO AND ONLINE ON ZOOM. Studio - based on your feedback we are restricting class sizes to 8 people in the studio at ZenYoga, 24A Camberwell Grove, London SE5 8RE. Single studio classes are £12 or buy a Class Pass for 5 classes at £55 (valid for 180 days - note that you still need to book a place when using your Class Pass). Please ensure that you read the ZenYoga COVID-19 guidelines on the booking site. Book using the 'Book Online' button below. Online - you can log on from 9.50am on zoom. Single online classes cost £8. Book using the 'Book Online' button below.
SUNDAY MORNINGS YIN CLASS FROM 10.30-11.30am: ONLINE ON ZOOM. Online classes are £8. Log on from 10.20am. Book using the 'Book Online' button below.
How can you book a class? ALL bookings must be made online prior to class to secure your place, using the 'Book Online' button below to get your unique booking link on zoom (even if you have a Class Pass). Please book by midnight the day before class and be careful to spell your email correctly or you won't receive the zoom link. Payments are taken via PayPal. Book below:
Essential info for classes
- Please wear loose and comfortable clothes for practice and refrain from a heavy meal for 2 hours before practice. Yoga can help improve your health and well being, but it’s important to listen to your body and work at your own level and explore your own limits. To reduce the risk of injury, never force or strain yourself and stop if you feel pain or dizziness and seek medical advice if necessary. For in-studio classes please bring your own mat. For online yin classes, ensure you are practising in an area free of obstacles and have 2 yoga bricks (or 2 big books) as well as a bolster (or a rolled up thick blanket). Please ensure you complete a health questionnaire prior to your first class (see link on Book Online button above).
- Medical disclaimer: Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any exercise programme or making a lifestyle change. This is particularly important if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, regularly taking medications, or have any existing medical conditions. Pregnant women should not practice any twists or abdominal tightening asanas and should refrain from practice for the first trimester. Yogabliss assumes no responsibility or liability for any injuries or losses that may result from practicing yoga whether online or face to face.